How Machine Health Works
Machine Health combines the Internet of Things (IoT), AI, and human expertise to predict and prevent industrial machine failures and improve machine performance.
Augury’s full-stack Machine Health solutions use sensors that capture vibration, temperature, and magnetic data from machines, advanced AI diagnostics, and human reliability experts to improve the health and performance of industrial machines.
Augury offers full-stack complementary Machine Health services.
- MH CR for critical equipment. Continuous monitoring and prescriptive diagnostics are verified by Augury reliability engineers, so you can rely on the machines that matter the most and know how they are performing 24/7.
- MH SE for supporting equipment. Continuous monitoring and prescriptive diagnostics with instructions on the steps to be taken to help make inefficient and wasteful maintenance activity a thing of the past.
- Managed Diagnostics (MD) provides Machine Health coverage to asset types that have slow rotation speeds (between 150 - 300 RPM) as well as intermittently running machines.
- Specialized Monitoring (SM) provides Machine Health coverage to asset types that have ultra-slow rotation speeds (less than 150 RPM), machines that change speed during normal operations, and non-rotating machines.
This document discusses CR and SE.
For more details on Managed Diagnostics, read the article here.
For more details on Specialized Monitoring, read the article here.
Machine Health for Critical Equipment
MH CR provides full monitoring, diagnostics, and Augury reliability engineers to cover your most critical equipment. It delivers precise fault diagnostics, root cause analysis, and detailed instructions on what needs to be done to avert machine failures and improve machine performance. Augury reliability engineers are available, if required, to help you implement the required actions.
MH CR provides the tools and resources to help your organization:
- Continuously monitor all critical assets
- Deploy technology certified to cover critical equipment in hazardous environments
- Reduce planned and unplanned downtime with actionable insights
- Optimize the performance of your assets and processes
- Streamline spare parts inventory
- Optimize shift planning and scheduling strategies to condition-based maintenance
Machine Health for Supporting Equipment
MH SE provides full monitoring, that, together with advanced AI-based diagnostics, enables users to quickly determine the severity of potential problems on a machine before it reaches failure.
Our user-friendly platform enables you to quickly scan for problems, stay up to date on your facility's performance, and perform maintenance.
MH SE provides the tools and resources to help your organization:
- Achieve full asset fleet coverage on one, integrated Machine Health platform
- Eliminate unplanned downtime and establish proactive maintenance planning and scheduling
- Streamline spare parts inventory
- Reduce manual inspections and employee exposure to hazardous locations and equipment
- Augment employee capabilities and eliminate guesswork
- Reduce M&R costs at your site and at scale
Implement Machine Health in four easy steps:
- Monitor: Sensors capture and transmit data to the Augury platform 24/7.
- Diagnose: AI detects issues, explains what caused them, and prescribes courses of action.
- Guide: Augury’s platform, AI insights, and expert support enable users to prioritize and plan machine health activity.
- Act: Users collaborate and act on Augury-provided guidance to improve the health and performance of machines and operations.
Augury’s wireless sensors are installed on your assets and capture vibration, magnetic flux, and temperature data to constantly monitor the state of your equipment.
The data collected at the machine level is sent through a local node into Augury’s secure cloud with end-to-end encryption from the sensor to the server. Powerful machine learning algorithms process the data immediately to provide swift, actionable insights.
To alert users about changes in machine behavior, diagnostic reports are sent via email, text, and CMMS integrations.
Use the Augury platform’s homepage to quickly scan for problems and stay up to date on your facility's performance. The updates (one for each email alert) provide an overview and you click through to see more details, recommended actions, and user guides where relevant.
With the largest database of machine hours recorded and unique machines diagnosed, Augury’s technology delivers prescriptive insights into the health of your equipment only hours or days after installation.
You can feel confident to act on our recommendations. Our belief in the accuracy of Augury’s diagnostics for Machine Health CR machines enables us to offer our CR customers the industry’s only Guaranteed DiagnosticsTM coverage, including a production loss guarantee, that covers the repair or replacement of your critical rotating equipment, and a per day downtime payout to cover production loss.
In this course, we will cover machine health, Augury's solution, and how Augury contributes value in the context of manufacturing industry machine maintenance strategies.
Open the link below to enroll in the course, Introduction to Machine Health
For additional information, please contact your Augury Customer Success Manager.