Developing Trust - The Big Win

Scott Reed
Scott Reed ✭✭✭
edited March 2023 in Share Your Ideas

In this community there are several discussions related to gaining trust and ultimate adoption of the Augury alerts and platform overall. Addressing the trust factor is a natural part of the implementation process and should be deliberatly and purposely part of the onboarding, communications and training of the operating personnel.

Early on in my company's Augury adoption there were several instances where alerts were generated due problems or failures related to maintenance systems or practices, specifically in the areas of lubrication. Either failures in the lubricating equipment (tubing leaks/breaks, contamination in lubricant, applicator failures), or routes missed or not included within the prescribed PM. These identified failures provide a spotlight where current practices themselves may need to be assessed for effective and sustainable operational impact.

In this case, challenging the lubrication program overall became a secondary impact - all assets identified, all routes and schedules documented, all equipment serviced and all personnel trained. Simultaneously, a tertiary initiative was triggered to ensure proper lubricants are specified, procured, stored (oils filtered), labled and managed to ensure specific use.

This is an example where "thinking beyond the fix" enables an environment for continuous improvement. Trust comes from both the change management component of new/different insights from the Augury platform and from the interractions of the workforce with each other. In the case of Machine Health and realizing the benefits from Augury's continuous, condition-based monitoring, challenging the "why" is critical for success and trust as it ultimately falls upon the routine practices to sustain the operation.

I'd love to hear other examples where the Augury Machine Health insights have identified shortcomings in your current practices and ultimately built trust within your organization.

Comments

• Great Point Scott. I managed the digital transformation in my old life at a very large CPG company. The people element of change is always harder than the technical element. I started with a people strategy first as I believe some people feel threatened by new technology as fear of new is a basic human instinct. We started by training people using basic digital and new technology upon their daily lives. Use of the power apps in MSFT was a big thing, as that allowed people to see that technology can free up their time every day to focus on more valuable things. So, in summary we focussed on making people more receptive before focussing on pushing the technology and our technology partners we essential in that journey.

• Since implementing Augury I have identified several areas we can improve in training techs. We are getting better at aligning equipment now and better lubrication practices. Shaft alignment was definitely a shortcoming of ours and though we still have room for improvement we are much better now than we were pre Augury.

Categories